Real Estate Appraisals in New Jersey
If you are looking for a New Jersey real estate appraiser, look no further. The Home Appraising Group is here for you to address all of your appraisal needs and concerns. Whether you want to find the value of your New Jersey home or want to get a second opinion on the value of your property, our real estate appraisers can help.
Contact Home Appraising Group for Your NJ Real Estate Appraisals at (856) 229-9700
Home Appraising Group is a board-certified appraisal company that has helped homeowners get an accurate appraisal value for their homes. Trusted by banks, attorneys, real estate agents, and mortgage lenders, our team of experts are knowledgeable and dedicated to serving New Jersey residents.
At Home Appraising Group, we offer more than just appraisals for mortgage purposes. We also offer our NJ Real Estate Appraisal services for:
- Single Family/Multi-family Condominiums
- PMI Removals
- New Constructions
- Reverse Mortgages
- Estates and Trusts
- Review Appraisals
- Tax Assessment/Appeals
- Property Bond Appraisals
Our Real Estate Appraisal Services in NJ
Our expert NJ real estate appraisers are skilled in several different areas of service, including:
- Creating written reports on property value
- Inspecting the property and taking note of any critical/unique characteristics
- Photographing both the interior and exterior of the property
- Verifying legal descriptions of properties
- Managing data on the surrounding real estates
What You Should Know About Real Estate Appraisals in New Jersey
There are some things you should know if you are in New Jersey and are thinking about hiring a home appraiser to find out the actual value of your property. Here are answers to some common home appraising questions.
What Does an Appraiser Look At?
New Jersey home appraisers look at a variety of different things both on the inside and outside of a home.
When a home appraiser is looking at the outside of a home, he or she will look at:
- The home’s square footage
- Foundation type
- Characteristics of the neighborhood
- Percentage of the land in use
- Lot size
- The type of driveway
When a home appraiser is looking on the inside of a house, he or she is looking at:
- Materials used for the walls and floors
- Condition of the windows
- Whether or not there is a basement
- The attic and crawl space
- Kitchen and bathroom remodel/updates
What Hurts a Home Appraisal in Jersey?
There are a few things that can impact a New Jersey home appraisal value. The most common things include your home’s location, the overall condition of both the interior and exterior combined, the comparable prices in your neighborhood/town, and market conditions.
How Do I Prepare My Home for NJ Real Estate Appraisal?
In addition to cleaning up your home and making sure that it looks presentable, there are some other outstanding ways to prepare your home, such as:
- Doing some research on other homes’ values in your area
- Informing your appraiser of any improvements you have made
- Making your appraiser aware of the surrounding parks, quality schools, and other positive location details
- Detailing your recent kitchen or bathroom remodel
- Installing new safety equipment
- Making sure that things are working correctly, such as the garage, security system, doorbells, etc.
Do Appraisers Look in Attics?
New Jersey home appraisers do look in attics; however, it is a “head and shoulder” look, which means that he or she will poke his or her head and shoulder in to make sure there aren’t any significant issues.
Can a Messy House Affect an Appraisal in NJ?
For the most part, no messiness will not affect the New Jersey Home Appraisal. However, if the messiness begins to impact the structure of the home, or damages certain characteristics, such as the walls or floors, the value by end up being impacted.
New Jersey Real Estate Appraisal Cost
The average cost for a New Jersey home appraisal is about $300-$450. The cost depends on the size of the home, the condition of the property, the value of the property, and how much detail is put into the act of appraising.
Home Appraising Group Provides Real Estate Appraisals Across the Northeast
Home Appraising Group is proud to offer real estate appraisals in the following states: