Real Estate Appraisers in Maryland
Are you looking for a licensed real estate appraiser in Maryland? Home Appraising Group is here to help. When it comes to appraising your property in MD, you must work with trusted real estate appraisers to help you get the most accurate value for your real estate. Our talented appraisers at Home Appraising Group will help you get the right appraisal value of your property efficiently and professionally.
Contact Home Appraising Group for Real Estate Appraisers in Maryland at (856) 229-9700
Maryland Real Estate Appraisal Services
Home Appraising Group is made up of knowledgeable real estate appraisers that specialize in estimating the actual value of a property. Our areas of expertise include:
- Tax Assessments and Appeals
- Property Bond Appraisals
- PMI Removals
- Single Family/Multi-family Condominiums
- New Constructions
- Reverse Mortgages
To decide on the value of a property, our appraisers will complete the following to ensure your real estate is worth as much as possible:
- Create written reports
- Inspect the property and take notes of any critical or authentic aspects
- Take pictures of both the interior and exterior
- Verify legal descriptions
Contact Home Appraising Group For Your Maryland Real Estate Appraisal
Home Appraising Group is a board-certified appraisal company that has helped homeowners throughout Maryland get the correct appraisal value for their homes and properties. Our Maryland appraisal services are trusted by real estate agents, mortgage lenders, attorneys, and even banks.
What You Should Know About Real Estate Appraisals in Maryland
Whether you have worked with a home appraiser before or not, acquiring an appraisal can be a confusing and overwhelming process, which is why it’s important to know the basics of a real estate appraisal. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about home appraisals in Maryland.
How To Prepare For an MD Real Estate Appraisal
It’s essential to prepare your Maryland property as best as you can before an appraisal. Here are some ways to do just that:
- Research your property’s location and find things that can increase the value of your property such as a good school district or national parks
- Research the value of other homes in your neighborhood
- Install or update home appliances and security systems
- Make your home as safe as possible
- Remodel bathrooms and the kitchen
It’s crucial that you let your real estate appraiser know of the renovations you have made around the house and the research you have done. Your appraiser may not be aware of these things, which could negatively impact your home’s value.
How Does a Real Estate Appraisal Work in MD?
Home appraisers in Maryland will spend time inspecting both the interior and exterior of a home.
Exterior Real Estate Appraisals
When looking at the exterior of a home, an appraiser will consider the following things:
- The property’s square footage
- Lot size
- Percentage of land in use
- Foundation type
- Characteristics of the neighborhood
- The driveway
Interior Real Estate Appraisals
When looking at the interior of a home, an appraiser will consider the following:
- Materials used for the walls and floors
- Condition of the windows
- Whether or not there is a basement
- The attic and crawl space
- Kitchen and bathroom remodel/updates
What Hurts a Maryland Real Estate Appraisal?
There are a few significant things that can hurt a home appraisal in Maryland, so it’s important to be aware of them. Those things include:
- Poor location of the property
- The poor condition of the interior or exterior
- Comparable prices in the neighborhood
- Market conditions
Some of these things you can not change, such as the location and market conditions; however, you do have control over the condition of your home’s interior and exterior. To get the best value possible, do what you can to improve and preserve your property’s condition.
How Long is a Real Estate Appraisal Good For in Maryland?
A real estate appraisal in Maryland is good for 4 months or 120 days. If your property does not sell in this timeframe, you will have to have another real estate appraisal because market conditions may have changed.
How Much is a Home Appraisal in Maryland?
The average cost of a home appraisal in Maryland ranges from $350 to $400. This is determined by the size of the home, the condition of the property, and how much detail is put into the act of appraising. Large properties may cost more to be appraised.
We Provide Real Estate Appraisals Across the Northeast
Home Appraising Group provides real estate appraisals in the following states:
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Appraisals
- New York Real Estate Appraisals
- Delaware Real Estate Appraisals
- Maryland Real Estate Appraisals
- New Jersey Real Estate Appraisals