Delaware Real Estate Appraisals
Finding a real estate appraiser in Delaware can sometimes be a daunting and confusing process, especially if you are looking for an appraiser to get a second opinion. If you are looking for a quality appraisal company that will answer all of your questions and provide you with the correct value of your home, look no further. The Home Appraising Group is here to help you with all of your appraisal needs.
Real Estate Appraisal Services in DE
If you are in Delaware and are looking for a home appraising group you can trust, you’ve come to the right place. Our team of home appraisers has been helping owners throughout Delaware find the true value of their home to help them in the selling process. Not only are our services used by homeowners, but real estate agents, banks, even mortgage lenders also use our services. Our areas of appraisal services include:
- Single Family/Multi-family Condominiums
- Reverse Mortgages
- Estates/ Trusts
- Tax Assessments and Appeals
- PMI Removals
- New Constructions
- Review of Appraisals
- Property Bond Appraisals
Contact Home Appraising Group for Your Delaware Real Estate Appraisal at (215) 531-7979
Home Appraising Group is a board-certified appraisal company that takes pride in helping homeowners get an accurate appraisal value for their homes. Looking to find out the value of your property? Reach out to our expert staff today.
Your Guide to Real Estate Appraisals in Delaware
Whether you have dealt with a home appraisal before or this is your first time, certain aspects of an appraisal can be overwhelming. You may not even know exactly how to go about getting a home appraisal in Delaware. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here is a short guide on what you should know about home appraisals in Delaware.
How Does a Real Estate Appraisal Work in DE?
In Delaware, there is a lot that goes into a home appraisal. The three significant steps of a home appraisal include:
- Researching the property
- Gathering data of recent sales in the home’s neighborhood
- A field inspection of the property and the exterior
A home appraiser will take all of these things into consideration when determining the value of your Delaware property.
How Long Is a Delaware Real Estate Appraisal Good For?
A real estate appraisal in Delaware is good for 120 days/ 4 months. If your home does not sell in this timeframe, you will have to have another one as the market may have changed.
What Is a Real Estate Appraisal Based On?
There are several things that a real estate appraiser takes into account to determine the value of the real estate at hand, both indoors and outdoors.
Interior Appraisals in Delaware
When an appraiser takes a look at the interior of the house, he or she will look at:
- Condition of the windows and doors
- Materials used for the walls
- The material used for the floors
- Kitchen remodels/updates
- Bathroom remodels/updates
- Whether or not there is a basement and if it is finished or not
Exterior Appraisals in Delaware
Similarly, when an appraiser is looking at the exterior of the house, he or she will pay special attention to:
- The home’s square footage
- The type of driveway
- Size of the lot
- Foundation type
- Characteristics of the neighborhood
- Percentage of the land in use
What Hurts a Real Estate Appraisal in Delaware?
It’s important to understand the factors that can hurt your Delaware real estate appraisal. Some of the common conditions that hurt an appraisal include:
- The location
- Overall condition of both the interior and exterior combined; both should be comparable to one another
- Comparable prices in the neighborhood/town
- Market conditions
How Do I Prepare My Delaware Property For an Appraisal?
Before hiring a real estate appraiser, you should make your home look presentable both on the interior and exterior, and be sure to have done your research. After you have done your research, you will be able to inform your appraiser of the information you found, such as the surrounding schools, parks, and the value of homes in the neighborhood.
Some other ways you can prepare your Delaware for an appraisal include:
- Installing new and current safety equipment
- Making sure that appliances and security systems are working properly
- Putting in new windows or doors if yours are damaged
- Touching up paint
- Fixing any holes in the walls
- Fixing lifting or damaged floors
Be sure to inform your appraiser of any improvements you have made on the property as this may help increase the value of your property.
Delaware Real Estate Appraisal Cost
The standard rate for a home appraisal is between $300-$450. However, this price can change depending on a number of factors such as:
- Size of the home
- Condition of the property
- Level of detail involved in the appraisal; a large home or property can impact the cost of the appraisal
Home Appraising Group Real Estate Appraisal Services
Home Appraising Group provides real estate appraisals in the following states:
- Real Estate Appraisals in Delaware
- Real Estate Appraisals in Maryland
- Real Estate Appraisals in New Jersey
- Real Estate Appraisals in Pennsylvania
- Real Estate Appraisals in New York